Sunday, March 9, 2014

FAÇADE

Journal Entry poem. Wednesday, July 16th, 2008.

I was frustrated with the nefarious cancer that had silently pervaded my organs and had crept into my life, consuming cells and forcing my existence into a whirlwind of questions and decisions. I think the chemo was wreaking havoc on my brain.  As I read through the journal entry that accompanied this poem, I sensed that God was helping me peel away the façade and making me seek within. Then rise and conquer. . .


Peel away the plastic;
Revealing layers
Protective strata of
Insecurity, apologies, fear, busyness
Misdirected anger; hopelessness.
An inspirational attitude
Undergirds failings .
OUT DARN SPOT!
Make your resting
Nesting place elsewhere
Unwelcome banners waft
In the windless frenzy
Search within. . .
Stinking, sulphuric plastic
Let it burn.
Raw emotion beckons familiarity;                                                                                
I can see clearly now the pain is gone.
God revealed.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10

No comments: