Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 8 - Writing Dialogue

The challenge today is to recall an awesome conversation and write it either in script-style (or with dialogue) from this week.

Okay, so now I am in trouble and I am thinking that I am not going to be able to rise to this health-related challenge. Somehow my addled brain has trouble with such recall and to try to create an honest rendition here about a conversation that has to do with health, is not going to happen. I would be forced to confabulate (exaggerate and making things up!) so instead of going that route, I will present a little one way conversation I had with me, myself and I today.

What? It's dialogue, right?

Me: Happy Easter!
Myself:  Happy Resurrection Day
I: What are you talking about?

Me: Lord, why is it so hard for some people to believe in a resurrected Jesus?
Myself: Happy Resurrection Day!
I: But people might think I have a screw loose if I start talking about resurrection and Jesus and stuff.

Me: Weren't you listening to the sermon today? Pastor D was talking about claiming the victory.
Myself: Happy Resurrection Day!
I: I heard it but I was thinking about how I sometimes wonder

Me: It's okay to wonder. But do you believe? Remember what happened in 2008?
Myself: Happy Resurrection Day!
I: Refresh my memory. Oh, hold on...do you mean during the time we were having those 'health issues?'

Me: Yes, that was it. Remember the Tim Horton's Angel? Remember the prayer right out of the blue. And the time that Sue left a message on my machine saying she was praying for us and she had to call us to find out why? (we hadn't seen her in two years!) Then remember when our favourite scripture appeared at the best of times and at the worst of times? Hardly a coincidence.
Myself: Happy Resurrection Day!
I: Yes, I do recall that now that I think about it. Wow...so many indicators of God's power. I am starting to remember now.

Me: It's Easter today. It's a time for us to (collectively) celebrate the risen Lord. He was set free by the power of God's hand. Remember how when we would watch the incessant drip, drip, dripping of the chemotherapy through the intravenous line, we wondered if we would make it through the week, let alone the year? Well, hello...three Easters later, and here we are. Time to celebrate - would you not say?
Myself: Happy Resurrection Day!
I: Correct! I need to shift focus off us and not make this into something about me (or myself, or I). I think I am going to agree with Myself for the first time in a long time. Don't  mind if I join in!

ME, MYSELF AND I (in one accord):

No comments: