Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 5 - A Picture is Worth a Thousand...

Look at the image… the color, composition, style, details, location. What feelings does this evoke in you? Are you reminded of anything significant in your life? Can you imagine yourself in the photo? Can you relate the image back to your health topic?

These were the directives for today's writing prompt.

As I look at the face of this winged creature, I see a timidity; perhaps some reluctance; maybe even a measure of trust. The bird, although out of its natural realm, still seems peaceful as it perches atop the wrinkled hand.

I don't know much about style, colour and composition, but I must admit that I love the simplistic hues that emphasize the 'bird in the hand...'

A tranquility pervades my being as I gaze upon this unlikely scene. I start thinking about God and how he cares for even the sparrows [and swallows] and how he cares even for me. Trust is the title I would give this picture if anyone ever asked for my two cents.

I remember how lost and alone I felt at times when I was going through chemotherapy for ovarian cancer. I remember tears and spiraling out of control. But I also remember the Hand of God that lifted me up and brought me through. I remember the well-timed acts of mercy, the words of assurance and the power of prayer. Like the little swallow pictured here, I slowly began to trust...

Matthew 10:29-31                  "Not even a sparrow, worth only half a

penny, can fall to the ground without your

Father knowing it. And the very hairs on

your head are all numbered. So don’t be

afraid; you are more valuable to Him than...

a whole flock of sparrows [or swallows]."

No comments: