Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Say Cheese


A little cheesy or maybe even a tad corny, but that's a command that still incites bared teeth and toothy grins in front of a camera.


I always used to hate having my photo taken but I think I am over that now, although I don't make it a habit posing in front of a camera if I can help it.

I'm thinking that my hesitancy about having my mug shot on photo paper had to do with my teeth. I always thought I had rabbit teeth. Maybe it was something to do with my family calling me bugs bunny when I was a young whipper snapper. Not nice, huh? But in my maturity I am over it. (I think)

Last year I was awarded top prize for individual fundraiser at the Ovarian Cancer Canada Winners Walk of Hope and my prize was a super 2 hour package from a photography studio in Barrie - 3 Girls and a Camera. http://www.threegirlsandacamera.com/.

It was time to get a grip and show my grin! We needed updated photos for the Rogue's Gallery at our house!

We had some troubles setting up a time that was convenient for everyone to get together for family pics but we eventually made it. We headed north in our blue jeans and pink for girls; black for boys ensemble.

Laura Baker, the photographer extraordinaire, nestled us nicely into her old barn and we primped and posed every which way on the straw bales. It was lots of fun and Laura must have snapped 200 pictures or more! She was so kind and patient with us - even though it was a 'prize' and not a paid sitting for her. What a gem.

Now that I have the CD filled with all my grinning offspring and their gorgeous families (am I slightly prejudiced?) I am trying to figure out sizes for the wall and where to hang them. I don't exactly have a discerning eye for interior decorating, I am going to give it the old college try, though. Hmmm. Should be fun!
The End(s)

7 comments:

Debby said...

Gees, Glynnis. I think you're beautiful. Really, really beautiful. Isn't it odd how we see ourselves?

Anja said...

Trenton makes the bottom picture great, love it!

Glynis said...

Thanks, Debby. You gave me a much needed little boost today! I am very pleased to meet you. :)

Glynis said...

Isn't that just the sweetest with Trenton peeking back? Amanda actually thought of this pose as a finale to our session. I thought it rather clever!

vjc said...

What fantastic photos and what a beautiful family.

Lori said...

Yes, I echo...what a beautiful family!!! Love all the pictures!

Unknown said...

Lovely family - and love that word NORMAL! (from the post above) PTL!!