Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Count Your Blessings, Name Them One by One


(Photo: Head Gardening Angel - Irene)



I talked to Brenda (nurse) at the clinic today about my ultrasound report. It seems the news about my recent ultrasound is inconclusive, although I was told it may be just a small cyst on my wrist (now there's a sweet little rhyming couplet...) So I guess I will have to wait and see what the oncologist says next week. I'm not too worried about it - besides worrying is a sin and I'm trying to cut down on those if I can!

I was absolutely pampered today. First of all, Kate my nice nurse came and she tried to 'make it all better.' She is really nice but we really have to stop getting into such interesting conversations. :) She ended up staying for almost 2 hours. And my blood pressure was behaving and everything. She did say she was going to order me some horrible (my word) stretchy support stockings for when my legs swell. Sigh...I never thought I would see the day. Oh well, I keep telling myself, this is all temporary.

Then, at noon, Yvonne brought lunch and we chatted for ages. We have absolutely no trouble finding something to say to one another. She is such a good friend and knows how to make me smile. Oh, and did I mention she also brought muffins and cookies and a casserole for supper. I don't deserve all this pampering.

This is the first week that I have not had my garden angels on duty. They were ready to fly in at Irene's (head gardening angel's) command and whisk any weed or garden culprit away. But I wanted to have a go myself this week. So I told Irene I would be okay. I am wondering though, about what God thought of my refusing this week's offer. Twice I attempted to head outside and play in the soil. Twice it started to rain. Eventually I gave up and came inside to write instead. Hmmmm. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I might need to make a call!

I actually wrote a little more in my children's chapter book today - Mrs. B Has Cancer. I am shooting for around 7 or 8,000 words and I am about half way so far. Writing this creative non-fiction book is good therapy for me. It'll be even better therapy if a publisher picks it up! We'll see.

Well, I'm rambling so I think I will sign off now with 5 things that made me thankful, today:

1) Rosemary called (big sister) and told me to stop being so daft and to take all the drugs that are offered and sleep all day if necessary. She yells at me because she loves me.

2) Dad found the 'missing poem' of Mom's. It was quite by accident he found, it too...or was it an accident? I cried when he read it to me over the phone.

3) I figured out how to download (upload?) photos onto Facebook.

4) Gilles is almost finished making my hatrack.

5) We got our "Sunflower Seeds" tee-shirts and my hat in the mail for the Ovarian Cancer Walk for Hope.

6) I have lots of friends in The Word Guild and Inscribe Christian Writers Fellowship who love me. Some I have never met, but they still love me and tell me so often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's funny how those things work out!!! ;-)

I'm off to make my list of blessings for today too!!!!